A lifestyle blog about all the things I love - fashion, glamour, epicure, pop culture, travel, literature and the world of sernedipity.

My lipstick smudges and I straighten my hair way too much. I spill things a lot and have an obsession with making lists. I'm pretty ambitious but sometimes I have a lazy heart. Some days nothing goes right and some days the best blessings are not getting what you want!

Enjoy my musings...

Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Nobody ever died of laughter." (Max Beerbohm)

The Melbourne International Comedy Festival is in full force at the moment… the city is filled with hysterical laughter and cynicism… well those of us that are somewhat attempting to be cultured are! Those who know me know that I am somewhat of a control freak when it comes to entertainment… not something to be proud of at all. But lately I have little carefactor (I went to Xanadu  The Musical for goodness sake!) and am letting others decide the time and place. So when Danny Bhoy tickets were purchased I went with the flow even though I knew I may not like his humour and he has become a little too mainstream for me. He packed out the Arts Centre to his credit but the show it lacked something… a spark. I didn’t pay forty bucks for him to just stand there and watch him look good and imitate the Aussie accent… I want to laugh till I can’t breathe… which I can do for free most days of the week!

A few weeks ago whilst hanging out at my new favourite place the Comic’s Lounge, I was lucky enough to see over ten comedians. I walked out of the place with mascara all over my check bones from tears of laughter. So these are the comedians I am recommending at the festival:
Laughter is the best medicine for everything and according to my Dad it is great for the heart!

2 comments: