A lifestyle blog about all the things I love - fashion, glamour, epicure, pop culture, travel, literature and the world of sernedipity.

My lipstick smudges and I straighten my hair way too much. I spill things a lot and have an obsession with making lists. I'm pretty ambitious but sometimes I have a lazy heart. Some days nothing goes right and some days the best blessings are not getting what you want!

Enjoy my musings...

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

“My only hobby is laziness, which naturally rules out all others” (Author Unknown)

Relaunch partay! Well not quite… a few people have asked me how is that blogging thing going… well let’s face it… nonexistent this year. I even threatened to shut this cyber rant and moan thing down but the shrieks that came from one particular reader was enough for me to say ok one more chance… they know who they are!

This happens all the time in the blogging world though… bloggers vanish… consumed by their cyberless life, travel, relationships, paid jobs, passions and problems. A little indication on what's been happening in my world.

So I was speaking to a bunch of friends the other day who are avid motorcyclists… they live, breathe and dream bikes and according to them spend a lot of money on this hobby happily. Feeling a little left out of the conversation, the closest I came to riding a bike was in Thailand this year when I sat on a scooter hit the accelerator for a whole one metre take-off and was politely told by the “dealer” to give the bike back, I realized I don’t have a fanatical hobby. My friends shoke their heads when I revealed my lack of interesting hobbies… to my surprise they unanimously agreed my hobby is going out and getting dressed up… what the? Since when did that become a “hobby”? Most people brush their teeth in the morning… does that make it a hobby? After much debated discussion I realized they were kind of right… I love getting dressed up and I love going out… and it costs me money. I am definitely not the type of person who just chucks anything on and is out the door in a few minutes… and the few times I do this I live to regret it because I always bump into someone I don't want to! So here is to having a hobby and whatever it may be… from pay TV to drinking coffee to window shopping online… as long as it makes you happy and only hurts your designer wallet!

Here are some things inspiring my hobbies in no particular order and absolutely no relevance:
  • Suede ankle boots
  • Hanging out at the Comic’s Lounge
  • High-waisted skinny jeans
  • Lindt Cafe
  • Short black puffy dresses
  • Rimmel nailpolish in Black Cherry
  • Checkard shirts inspired by Farmer Wants a Wife
  • Running on the beach with one of my besties
  • Headbands with exquisite details worn with ripped jeans
  • Daily Turkish coffee
  • Victoria Secret leggings
  • Bright pink lipstick
  • Anything with black lace details
  • Swimsuits with cuts outs on the side (yes I know Summer is overrrr)
  • High fiving random people just because you are alive!

1 comment: